Lifeguard Training Course
The Lifeguarding class provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatics emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
• Minimum Age: 15 years
• Swim 300 yards continuously
• Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
• Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards
- Surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps
Lifeguard Training Review
This course is an abbreviated Lifeguarding course that briefly reviews course information and allows practice of skills and knowledge before testing. Current certification in Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED is required to participate in the review course. Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED which is valid for 2 years.