Love Your Vendor
Every time you buy from a campus retailer, your dollars fund activities, programs, and entertainment to improve your quality of life at UCSF.
The University of California, San Francisco is a leading university dedicated to defining health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. The roots of this public health sciences university, dedicated to saving lives and improving health, can be traced in San Francisco to the 1864 establishment of the Toland Medical College, which nine years later would become the Medical Department of a then fledgling University of California across the bay. The rest is history–one of discovery, innovation, and public service.
Did you know?
• UCSF, the second largest employer in San Francisco, with nearly 22,000 employees and 4,000 students
• Researchers at UCSF developed gene-splicing techniques that have revolutionized biology, spawned the biotechnology industry and led to life-saving treatments
• Some 25,000 doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, and scientists have graduated from UCSF, whose schools are ranked among the top in the nation
• UCSF, including its medical centers at Parnassus and Mount Zion, and its affiliated hospitals, Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, and the VA Medical Center, handle more than one million patient visits a year
• In 2003, UCSF opened its 43-acre Mission Bay campus south of downtown San Francisco; UCSF Mission Bay, the largest biomedical university expansion in the country, will double UCSF’s research space and speed the pace of biomedical discovery
• In February 2015, the Mission Bay Campus reached another milestone by becoming home to San Francisco’s first newly built hospital in 30 years
News & Specials
Steve Simon is as excited for the Jan. 27 soft opening… Read more >>
On January 11, Ladle & Leaf, an evolution of San… Read more >>